A Plus Air Systems follows all best practices when installing and servicing automatic standby generators. After installation you will never be without power, but just like your car, standby generators need to be properly maintained to perform as intended.
You cannot predict when extreme weather will occur but you can make sure your generator is prepared by completing annual maintenance provided by A Plus Air Systems.
Generac, the leading provider of backup power, recommends your generator is serviced every 6 months.
A Plus Air Systems is always there for you, if you need further help you can contact us anytime, 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Toronto Head Office: (416) 213-0303
For your generator to operate in optimal and efficient conditions, you must inspect and verify the following:
- Verify your generator is not placed in the path of an irrigation system, downspouts, or positioned underneath an eve without a gutter.
- Your generator should have a clearance of 18″ from the back and 36″ on each side of the generator.
- The unit’s mounting surface should be in good condition meaning it has no cracks, it is stable, level, free from debris, etc.
- The surrounding area should be free from excess water, mud, eroded landscape, and water marks on enclosure.
- Inside and outside the enclosure should be free from any foreign material or debris.
- The intake and exhaust vents on the sides of the generator should be clean and free of any debris.
- The control panel fuse should not be burned or opened.
- The battery terminals should be firmly connected and clean.
- The fuel system components should all be free of any corrosion or damage.
- Fuel system fittings should be tight and free of any leaks.
- The entire fuel system should be clear of any corrosion. This corrosion could occur due to improper installation, and lack of proper maintenance.
- Similar to a car engine, the engine oil level should be regularly checked and made sure to be sufficient.
- The air filter needs to be inspected to see if a replacement is required.
Call A Plus Air Systems to schedule a generator maintenance and avoid any issues before they happen.
Toronto Office: (416) 213-0303